Delgado Logistics: Gateway to Careers
Much of the Louisiana economy is made of companies that transport, store and distribute products. This is the business of logistics. Almost every organization in the state in some way participates in logistics operations. Logistics networks include every industry sector from medical to food wholesale and retail and consumer goods to all types of manufacturing, oil refineries and chemical plants, construction companies, industrial suppliers, product distribution centers and transportation including port and terminal operations, river, deep water, truck, rail and air. Louisiana is a major transportation hub for world commerce. Job categories range from entry level employee to company president.
- 5 Lessons Learned from 5 Years of Supply Chain Blo...Source: Inventory & Supply Chain NewsPublished on 2017-10-09
- 08/01/2016 – End of Summer SessionSource: Published on 2016-08-01
This program and these courses are designed for these student groups:
• For students with no logistics experience
• For employees seeking continuing education for career advancement
• For those in the military and their families transitioning to civilian employment and those serving in the National Guard and Armed Forces Reserve units
• For dual enrollment high school students considering career options
The goal of this website is to provide a resource for students and employers. The objective of this program is to provide the Louisiana logistics industry with a trained logistics workforce of entry level and first line supervisor employees.